President Creamy Blue Cheese Mini Burgers with Caramelized Onions.
For the President Creamy Blue Cheese sauce:
- 30g butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp.) Cake flour
- 250ml (1 cup) Parmalat Fresh Cream
- 5ml (1 tsp) Sherry
- 50g President Creamy Blue Cheese
For the patties:
- 700g chuck, sinew removed and cut into blocks
- 100g President Creamy Blue Cheese
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 10ml (2 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 5ml (1 tsp) Salt
- 10ml (2 tsp) Black pepper
For the caramelized onion:
- 45g President Salted Butter Brick
- 4 Onions, thickly sliced
- 15ml (1 tbsp.) Brown sugar
- For the sauce; heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until well combined. Add the cream and whisk until it starts the bowl. Add the sherry and President Creamy Blue Cheese and whisk until melted.
- For the burger patties; in a food processor combine the chuck, President Cream Blue Cheese, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt and black pepper. Process briefly, until the mixture is combined and the chuck is evenly ground.
- For the caramelized onion; heat the butter in a frying pan, fry the onions for 10 minutes or until it starts to caramelize, add the sugar and fry for another 5 minutes or until caramelized.
- Shape the patties into 110g patties. In a frying pan over medium heat, fry the patties until golden brown on each side. Transfer to the oven to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Slice 8 mini burger buns open, top with rocket leaves and sundried tomatoes. Serve the patties on top of the burgers. Top with President Creamy Blue Cheese sauce and caramelized onions.