ROASTED TOMATO AND CREAMY FETA PASTA
- 2 punnets ripe rosa tomatoes, whole
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 15ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- 2 stems fresh oreganum
- 30ml (2 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) salt
- 7,5ml (1 ½ tsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tub President Feta Cheese, cubed
- Fresh Basil Leaves
Preheat the oven on 200°C
For the pasta sauce, place the tomatoes, onions, garlic and oreganum in a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Roast until slightly charred, 20 minutes.
In the meantime, place a large pot of water on the stove and bring to the boil. Cook pasta, 10 minutes.
To finish the sauce, combine the roasted tomato mix with Worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar. Season to taste.
To serve, spoon pasta into a large oven tray and pour sauce over. Layer with feta cubes and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Serve while hot.